Timeline for residents scholar projects:
Some of the dates below are suggested deadlines; some (in red) are mandatory deadlines. In brackets are the relative times (in weeks before residency end-date) for those residents who are off-cycle.
- July – December (18-24 months prior to end of residency): Gather clinical questions or start thinking about the type of project that will be done.
- January – April (14-17 months prior to end of residency): Identify a project supervisor.
- April – July (12-15 months before end of residency): Work on literature search (with librarian) and review.
- July (12 months prior to end of residency): Project proposal submitted to your site faculty.
- August (11 months prior to end of residency): Ethics submitted (if necessary).
- September – December (7-10 months prior to end of residency): Data collection.
- December 15 (1-3 months prior to end of residency): Draft abstract due. Send draft abstract to site scholar faculty for evaluation.
- February 28 Final Abstract and Final Manuscript due to Program Office: – Please send your final abstracts and manuscripts to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline indicated.
- March 2 – May 31 Remediation work, if necessary.
- March 31 Deadline to apply for Lloyd Jones Collins Award.
- May – June Scholar presentations at local/regional events, and possibly a central event. Send presentation/PPT to site scholar faculty/site coordinators as requested.